Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ArtsBeat 2012 - ideas for Poplar

Hello Poplar staff!

Please could you look at the resources below. Basically I have a presentation for you to use to help your classes listen to some music. Below that are some suggested music choices for you to work on. Next is an example of my "Musical Show & Tell" Finally there is a clip of the song I would like us to use as our ArtsBeat2012 anthem. In addition I have also prepared notes for you which I will email around and i will eventually put up here as a pdf.

1. Listening presentation


Here are some pieces I thought we could listen to.

This for yr 5 &6



This for yr 3 & 4


Yy 1 & 2



See my notes for ideas to

Write the music
Draw the music
Model the music
Film the music
Move to the music
Research the music

2. Musical Show and Tell

Wouldn't it be great if the kids could share music that means something with us? The boo below is just an example of how it could work.
Musical show and tell (mp3)


3. ArtsBeat 2012 Anthem


I plan to teach the whole school this song. It would be great if we could sing it every day during ArtsBeat week. Please have a listen and let me know what you think!

Singing All Together - Junior Voiceworks (mp3)

I would really appreciate some feedback on this! Do you think it is manageable and is there anything else you would like to see?

No comments: